The course covers all the legal requirements for the safe use and mounting of abrasive wheels. The course is applicable to operators who change wheels and their supervisors.
1. Understand the legal requirements and their responsibility for the safe use of abrasive wheels
2. Identify a potential hazard and its reasonable foreseeable risks
3. Select the appropriate machinery and PPE required for the work being undertaken
4. Select appropriate safety equipment that may be used and carry out appropriate pre use checks
5. Conduct a practical exercise using the appropriate safety equipment, in a safe and efficient manner.
Upon completion of the course, a certificate valid for 12 months will be issued in line with HSE guidance.